6.4.11

Waiting on Wednesday (4)

 "Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating

Dark of the Moon, by Tracy Barrett
Release Date: September 19th 2011

Ariadne is destined to become a goddess of the moon. She leads a lonely life, finding companionship only with her beloved, misshapen brother Asterion, who must be held captive below the palace for his own safety.Then a ship arrives bearing a tribute of slaves from Athens, and Ariadne meets Theseus, the son of the king of Athens. Ariadne finds herself drawn to the newcomer, and soon they form a friendship—one that could perhaps become something more.
But Theseus is doomed to die as an offering to the minotaur, that monster beneath the palace—unless he can kill the beast first. And that "monster" is Ariadne’s brother . . .




I love Greek Mythology and I love the Labyrith myth. Ariadne has always seem to me like a great unexplored character, so often passed over by the likes of Helen of Troy. I am therefore really intrigue by this book. I also wonder how the author will present Theseus, as in the original myth he ends up being quite the jackass.
(summary form Goodreads)

10 comments:

  1. Oh this looks so good. I couldn't see the cover but the blurb won me over. I also love Greek Mythlogy so I can't wait to get a copy.
    Thanks for sharing.
    You can find my WOW here - The Bookish Snob

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you about Greek mythology. Love the idea of this one. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick! I have a galley of this, and I'm really looking forward to starting it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of this one, but I love Greek myths, too. I'm definitely gonna have to pull it up on Goodreads and add it :). Thanks!

    Feel free to check out my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen this book around it looks really great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting. I'm glad to know about this one because I like Greek mythology too. Nice choice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope that when you get your book, it is everything you hope it to be. Check out what I am Waiting On Wednesday for. Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy! your read, sounds interesting.

    Stop and see mine and my giveaways.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, this looks really, really good. I'm loving all the Greek mythology popping up in the book world recently. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks interesting. I might have to check it out. I see you're reading The Agency - what do you think of it?

    Megan @ Read It, See It

    ReplyDelete