Every reader and blogger is also invited to participate and make their own list. It doesn't have to have the same theme, it just needs to pertain to books!
If you do make your own list and post it to your blog, share the link in the comments. Or if you prefer write your own list in the comments!
Note: I put 3 asterisks beside the titles I have read and recommend. I have not read all of the books I put in these lists, so be sure to check them all out!
I love short stories and short stories collection. So here are some of my favourites, and some I am dying to read. Most of them are fantasy, fairy tale retelling or mythic fiction inclined.
* 10 Short Stories Collections Worth Reading *
Collections I recommend:
- Delicate Edible Birds: And Other Stories, by Lauren Groff
- Magic For Beginners, by Kelly Link
- Fragile Things, by Neil Gaiman
- Waifs & Strays, by Charles de Lint
- The Bloody Chamber, by Angela Carter
- St. Lucy's Home For Girls Raised By Wolves, by Karen Russell
- The Green Man, ed. by Ellen Datlow & Terri Windling
- Ventriloquism, by Catherynne M. Valente
- My Mother She Killed Me, My Father He Ate Me, ed. by Kate Bernheimer
- Geektastic: Stories From the Nerd Herd, ed. by Holly Black & Cecil Castellucci
What are your favourite short stories collections? What do you recommend?